It is currently Tue 29 Sep 2026 5:27 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun 27 Apr 2014 11:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 27 Apr 2014 3:38 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Lann Abhaigh, Aontroim
Thanks for this link this looks like it will be a massive help. Thanks for the tip on the spelling too although I was aware of it but on iphone so still working out where all the alternative letters are on keyboard


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 27 Apr 2014 11:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 6:15 pm
Posts: 3594
Location: An Astráil
steenson86 wrote:
Thanks for this link this looks like it will be a massive help. Thanks for the tip on the spelling too although I was aware of it but on iphone so still working out where all the alternative letters are on keyboard

On an Android phone, if you hold down a letter on the keyboard a menu pops up with a choice of accent marks for that letter.

I don't know if iPhone works like that or not. :dhera: (I have a Mac computer but an Android mobile phone. :panic:)

_________________
Múinteoir Gaeilge - Irish Teacher
My "specialty" is Connemara Irish, particularly Cois Fhairrge dialect, but I can also speak Ulster and Munster Irish with native-level pronunciation.
Is fearr Gaeilge ḃriste ná Béarla cliste, cinnte, aċ i ḃfad níos fearr aríst í Gaeilge ḃinn ḃeo na nGaeltaċtaí.
Gaeilge Chonnacht (GC), go háraid Gaeilge Chois Fhairrge (GCF), Gaeilic Uladh (GU), Gaelainn na Mumhan (GM), agus Gaeilge an Chaighdeáin Oifigiúil (CO).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 27 Apr 2014 11:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 27 Apr 2014 3:38 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Lann Abhaigh, Aontroim
Worked a treat. Also just noticed there are buttons on the post entry page for the letters too


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 27 Apr 2014 11:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
Breandán wrote:
steenson86 wrote:
Thanks for this link this looks like it will be a massive help. Thanks for the tip on the spelling too although I was aware of it but on iphone so still working out where all the alternative letters are on keyboard

On an Android phone, if you hold down a letter on the keyboard a menu pops up with a choice of accent marks for that letter.

I don't know if iPhone works like that or not. :dhera: (I have a Mac computer but an Android mobile phone. :panic:)


Yep. Works the same on iPhone and Android. One of the few things they both do the same way!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 30 Apr 2014 5:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue 23 Apr 2013 11:47 am
Posts: 349
Location: Imeall Chathair Ghríobháin
I downloaded a keyboard layout for mac that allows you to put a buailte over a letter with the option key, it'd be nice to be able to do it whilst typing on an iPhone, or Android, as well, but I haven't seen anything for implementing that, even on a jailbreak. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ade, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1578 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group