It is currently Mon 28 Sep 2026 4:04 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Off to Ireland!
PostPosted: Wed 10 Jul 2013 2:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
Well, the bag is packed (and if there's anything I've forgotten, I can buy it in Ireland or do without). The shuttle has confirmed my pickup at 2:00 a.m. (yes, you read that correctly). I've checked and double checked (and tripled checked!) to make sure that my boarding pass, my cash, my credit card, my ID, my insurance cards, and my passport are all where they need to be. According to the website, my Delta flight is still "on time," despite delays due to Saturday's accident in San Francisco. I tried to nap this afternoon, but only dozed a bit, so I guess I'll sleep on the plane. By this time tomorrow, I'll be about four hours out of Dublin.

I'll check in when I can! Last time I was in Gleann Cholm Cille, they had computers for students to use...if that's still the case, I may pop in from time to time to say "haigh." Otherwise, see you when I get back in August!

Look out Ireland...Redwolf is coming!

Redwolf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Off to Ireland!
PostPosted: Wed 10 Jul 2013 2:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue 30 Aug 2011 1:50 am
Posts: 122
Go dté tú slán. Tá súil agam go mbeidh an-chraic agat, a Red! :wave:

_________________
I am only a beginner. Please get confirmation before using any of my suggestions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Off to Ireland!
PostPosted: Wed 10 Jul 2013 8:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 3444
Location: Cill Dara
Safe journey. Dublin has been warned to be on Code 'Red'! :mrgreen:

_________________
Is foghlaimeoir mé. I am a learner. DEFINITELY wait for others to confirm and/or improve.
Beatha teanga í a labhairt.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Off to Ireland!
PostPosted: Wed 10 Jul 2013 10:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat 17 Sep 2011 11:52 pm
Posts: 460
Redwolf wrote:
Well, the bag is packed (and if there's anything I've forgotten, I can buy it in Ireland or do without). The shuttle has confirmed my pickup at 2:00 a.m. (yes, you read that correctly). I've checked and double checked (and tripled checked!) to make sure that my boarding pass, my cash, my credit card, my ID, my insurance cards, and my passport are all where they need to be. According to the website, my Delta flight is still "on time," despite delays due to Saturday's accident in San Francisco. I tried to nap this afternoon, but only dozed a bit, so I guess I'll sleep on the plane. By this time tomorrow, I'll be about four hours out of Dublin.

I'll check in when I can! Last time I was in Gleann Cholm Cille, they had computers for students to use...if that's still the case, I may pop in from time to time to say "haigh." Otherwise, see you when I get back in August!

Look out Ireland...Redwolf is coming!

Redwolf



Go raibh turas slán agat agus tá súil agam go mbainfidh tú an-chraic go deo as do sheal abhus.

_________________
Bí cinnte de go nglacfaidh triúr le gach aistriúchán a thabharfar.
Be sure to get three in agreement with a translation given.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Off to Ireland!
PostPosted: Thu 11 Jul 2013 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 6:15 pm
Posts: 3594
Location: An Astráil
Go mbaine tú an-toradh as, a Redwolf. :wave:

_________________
Múinteoir Gaeilge - Irish Teacher
My "specialty" is Connemara Irish, particularly Cois Fhairrge dialect, but I can also speak Ulster and Munster Irish with native-level pronunciation.
Is fearr Gaeilge ḃriste ná Béarla cliste, cinnte, aċ i ḃfad níos fearr aríst í Gaeilge ḃinn ḃeo na nGaeltaċtaí.
Gaeilge Chonnacht (GC), go háraid Gaeilge Chois Fhairrge (GCF), Gaeilic Uladh (GU), Gaelainn na Mumhan (GM), agus Gaeilge an Chaighdeáin Oifigiúil (CO).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Off to Ireland!
PostPosted: Thu 11 Jul 2013 11:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 3444
Location: Cill Dara
I can reliably inform everyone of Redwolf's safe arrival. Bhí lá iontach deas againn le chéile i Reilg Glasnaíon i mBÁC agus ansin le bbq. Tá 'heatwave' in Éirinn faoi láthair! Bhí uirthi a cóta báistí a fhágáil ina mála agus lóis gréine a cheannach!! 8-)

_________________
Is foghlaimeoir mé. I am a learner. DEFINITELY wait for others to confirm and/or improve.
Beatha teanga í a labhairt.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Off to Ireland!
PostPosted: Sat 13 Jul 2013 4:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue 06 Sep 2011 8:09 pm
Posts: 943
Maith sibh!

N'fheadar an raibh tú ag tnúth le roinnt farrainge Red in ionad teocht California, ach thuirling tú i rith na coicíse is teo le blianta anuas! Meastar go mairfidh sé seachtain eile. Táim féin i lár na tíre don chuid is mó den am agus ag obair, so cuirfear amú an chuid is mó de, déarfainn go mbeidh go hálainn ar an gcósta le gaoth shéimh.

Bain an-taitneamh as an t-am anseo!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Off to Ireland!
PostPosted: Sat 13 Jul 2013 8:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri 09 Sep 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 716
Saoirse wrote:
Bhí lá iontach deas againn le chéile i Reilg Glasnaíon i mBÁC agus ansin le bbq.


A fhad is nár mhiste leis an dream atá curtha inti bbq a bheith ar siúl tigh s'acusan...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Off to Ireland!
PostPosted: Sat 13 Jul 2013 9:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 3444
Location: Cill Dara
Errigal wrote:
Saoirse wrote:
Bhí lá iontach deas againn le chéile i Reilg Glasnaíon i mBÁC agus ansin le bbq.


A fhad is nár mhiste leis an dream atá curtha inti bbq a bheith ar siúl tigh s'acusan...
:rofl:

_________________
Is foghlaimeoir mé. I am a learner. DEFINITELY wait for others to confirm and/or improve.
Beatha teanga í a labhairt.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Off to Ireland!
PostPosted: Sat 13 Jul 2013 11:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri 18 Nov 2011 2:27 pm
Posts: 622
Redwolf, má tá tú ag léimh é seo, fáilte go hÉireann. :wave:

_________________
Táim ag foghlaim fós. Fáilte roimh gach aon cheartúchán.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1328 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group