Réalta Theas wrote:
(I just noticed I replied to another completely different thread, the readers must have assumed I was a nutter
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2839&p=25977#p25977)
What a great find, it's one of the easiest to follow videos I have seen, considering the ones with some plot in them and not merely sentences. The characters themselves possess some universal traits that makes them more easily understandable even without speaking!
They seemed to go to some lengths to have people from different regions, I found the the way they use differences funny, with at ~4:30 the "lady's man" going for the kill with "Ahhh, as Dún na nGall, an ea?" after her "Cad é mar ata sibh?". He has an interesting "up and down" rhythm as well.
I'll leave the comments on their accents for the more knowledgeable here, but I found it very helpful and will try to follow it!
I'm glad they're on YouTube. I'll have to watch them again! I had the TT DVDs when I first started with Irish and watched them obsessively, but have since passed them on to another learner. The fun thing is, I now know most of those actors from TG4 (the woman who plays Rita, for example, now plays Bríd on Ros na Rún, and the woman who plays Réiltín plays Aifric's mom!)
They did an excellent job, in that series, of slowing down and articulating carefully...not always easy for fluent speakers to do without sounding stilted!
Redwolf