It is currently Tue 29 Sep 2026 9:54 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: TG4...grrr!
PostPosted: Fri 05 Sep 2014 11:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
OK...can someone talk me through how this new version of the TG4 player works? I'm trying desperately to watch the new season of Ros na Rún and I can't figure out how to get the damn thing to play for me!

Redwolf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TG4...grrr!
PostPosted: Sun 07 Sep 2014 4:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
Frustrating. It seems to be working now, at least in Chrome. I was able to watch the two new episodes of Ros na Rún. But it's not as intuitive as the old format (and, if you're not careful, the next show in the queue will start playing whether you want it to or not).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TG4...grrr!
PostPosted: Sun 07 Sep 2014 5:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon 01 Sep 2014 10:03 pm
Posts: 522
Location: SAM
I really don't like it, either. I use Chrome normally, and I've noticed some days where it just won't load. And switching episodes, and finding some, is a real pain, unfortunately.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TG4...grrr!
PostPosted: Sun 07 Sep 2014 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
galaxyrocker wrote:
I really don't like it, either. I use Chrome normally, and I've noticed some days where it just won't load. And switching episodes, and finding some, is a real pain, unfortunately.


I don't know why they "fixed" what wasn't broken.

I really dislike the next show starting automatically. It nearly gave me heart failure the other day, when I left the site up when I ran out to run an errand. Came back to hear strange men's voices coming from my living room, and nearly called the cops until I realized they were speaking Irish!

Redwolf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TG4...grrr!
PostPosted: Sun 07 Sep 2014 6:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:29 pm
Posts: 3001
Redwolf wrote:
It nearly gave me heart failure the other day, when I left the site up when I ran out to run an errand. Came back to hear strange men's voices coming from my living room, and nearly called the cops until I realized they were speaking Irish!


:rofl: :clap:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TG4...grrr!
PostPosted: Mon 08 Sep 2014 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 3444
Location: Cill Dara
Redwolf wrote:
I really dislike the next show starting automatically. It nearly gave me heart failure the other day, when I left the site up when I ran out to run an errand. Came back to hear strange men's voices coming from my living room, and nearly called the cops until I realized they were speaking Irish!

Redwolf
Does that mean that Irish-speaking burglars are welcome in your home? 8O

_________________
Is foghlaimeoir mé. I am a learner. DEFINITELY wait for others to confirm and/or improve.
Beatha teanga í a labhairt.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TG4...grrr!
PostPosted: Mon 08 Sep 2014 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
Saoirse wrote:
Redwolf wrote:
I really dislike the next show starting automatically. It nearly gave me heart failure the other day, when I left the site up when I ran out to run an errand. Came back to hear strange men's voices coming from my living room, and nearly called the cops until I realized they were speaking Irish!

Redwolf
Does that mean that Irish-speaking burglars are welcome in your home? 8O


I'd probably make them tea and sandwiches just to keep them talking!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TG4...grrr!
PostPosted: Mon 08 Sep 2014 10:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 3444
Location: Cill Dara
Redwolf wrote:
Saoirse wrote:
Redwolf wrote:
I really dislike the next show starting automatically. It nearly gave me heart failure the other day, when I left the site up when I ran out to run an errand. Came back to hear strange men's voices coming from my living room, and nearly called the cops until I realized they were speaking Irish!

Redwolf
Does that mean that Irish-speaking burglars are welcome in your home? 8O


I'd probably make them tea and sandwiches just to keep them talking!
:LOL:

_________________
Is foghlaimeoir mé. I am a learner. DEFINITELY wait for others to confirm and/or improve.
Beatha teanga í a labhairt.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TG4...grrr!
PostPosted: Sun 14 Sep 2014 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 3444
Location: Cill Dara
Had hassle this evening with it. Ended up stopping dead half way through an episode and wouldn't start again. As the title says, Grrr!

_________________
Is foghlaimeoir mé. I am a learner. DEFINITELY wait for others to confirm and/or improve.
Beatha teanga í a labhairt.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TG4...grrr!
PostPosted: Mon 15 Sep 2014 3:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
I'm not quite sure what they're hoping to accomplish with this new format. It's needlessly complicated, visually way too "busy," buggy as hell, and there are no instructions I can find anywhere (in English or Irish) to help you determine if the site isn't working properly or if you're just doing it wrong. The look is much more cluttered too.

Another thing I haven't been able to determine is if they still have an English interface available. Doesn't matter for me, but I often recommend watching TG4 to new learners, who don't have enough Irish to navigate the site. I can give specific directions for specific programs, but it's a bit of a pain.

Redwolf


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1725 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group