It is currently Thu 01 Oct 2026 5:38 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Is this an error?
PostPosted: Mon 10 Feb 2014 4:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue 15 Nov 2011 7:35 am
Posts: 1098
Quote:
"Do you tend me now, mo chroi?"


I don't know the context, but it sound very forceful and clashing like you were saying to someone "I'm goin' ta béacha now, a chroí" ('I'm going to beat you now, love')

_________________
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.___


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is this an error?
PostPosted: Mon 10 Feb 2014 4:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue 15 Nov 2011 7:35 am
Posts: 1098
mimerim wrote:
But what the heck. She's untouchable. It's not gonna affect her sales. And I'd be dying to know if someone else had brought this up.


I doubt anyone here will round on her, and even if they did, as you say, to no end. Normally, creative works are not abused, from any source

_________________
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.___


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is this an error?
PostPosted: Mon 10 Feb 2014 5:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
mimerim wrote:
Oh gosh...I can't name names. I don't want to publicly criticize other writers. Just...can't.

But what the heck. She's untouchable. It's not gonna affect her sales. And I'd be dying to know if someone else had brought this up.

The book is Dark Witch by Nora Roberts. It's my first time reading her. People say my book reminds them of her paranormal stuff so naturally I had to check her out.


I've seen her paperbacks in supermarkets, but never felt any inclination to read one. Guess I'm not missing much! I abhor writers who can't be bothered to do adequate research.

Redwolf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is this an error?
PostPosted: Mon 10 Feb 2014 6:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue 15 Nov 2011 7:35 am
Posts: 1098
Anyone seen Hellboy 2? The Elves speak old Irish in it. Seems a good deal of research went into it (got a prof from Hungary to oversee it)

_________________
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.___


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1825 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group