Pangur wrote:
I know I'm not Irish myself, so I probably don't have much of a say in the matter, but I think it's kinda rude to mock people's requests. I can't say I agree with those who want a tattoo or engraving in a language they don't speak or understand. But at least they come here to get a correct translation, instead of using some rubbish generated by google translate.
Jaybee, we all know where you stand on this stuff. Will you let it go? I hope you are as active out in the 'real' world promoting Irish as you are for mocking some people here in the virtual world who show an interest in it. If this was an English language forum, we would have the same diversity of opinion, but it wouldn't matter as that language is in a position of strength. Our numbers are much smaller and so it is much more important that we stand and work together.
If you want to vent frustration, Lá Mór na Gaeilge i mBaile Átha Cliath on Saturday is the place to be for anyone around this neck of the woods with a genuine interest in the language and language rights. They are going for a carnival atmosphere I believe with music from Gaoth Dobhair and face painting and stuff. Bí linn!
_________________
Is foghlaimeoir mé. I am a learner. DEFINITELY wait for others to confirm and/or improve.
Beatha teanga í a labhairt.