It is currently Thu 01 Oct 2026 2:39 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon 13 Jan 2014 11:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat 17 Sep 2011 11:52 pm
Posts: 460
Bríd Mhór wrote:
"The way love goes"

I'm not saying the others suggestions wouldn't work.
All are right in their own way.

What about - Sin é an grá. -That's love.
It can be positive or negative depending on your own perspective.


If I was in a situation where I had to accept something happening because of love, then I could easily say:
That's love - or 'Sin é an grá!'
So I second Brid's translation.

_________________
Bí cinnte de go nglacfaidh triúr le gach aistriúchán a thabharfar.
Be sure to get three in agreement with a translation given.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 14 Jan 2014 8:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 6:15 pm
Posts: 3594
Location: An Astráil
Perhaps:

(An é seo) an chaoi a bhíonn an grá ag imeacht
"(Is this) the way love goes."

imeacht has the sense of "go" as in "progress, happen" as well as "to leave".

_________________
Múinteoir Gaeilge - Irish Teacher
My "specialty" is Connemara Irish, particularly Cois Fhairrge dialect, but I can also speak Ulster and Munster Irish with native-level pronunciation.
Is fearr Gaeilge ḃriste ná Béarla cliste, cinnte, aċ i ḃfad níos fearr aríst í Gaeilge ḃinn ḃeo na nGaeltaċtaí.
Gaeilge Chonnacht (GC), go háraid Gaeilge Chois Fhairrge (GCF), Gaeilic Uladh (GU), Gaelainn na Mumhan (GM), agus Gaeilge an Chaighdeáin Oifigiúil (CO).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 14 Jan 2014 3:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon 23 Dec 2013 6:36 am
Posts: 23
Thank you everyone. I'm going to scrap the whole idea because seems to complicated to translate and I've started a new post with what I hope is a much simpler idea. Please check it out.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1690 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group