It is currently Mon 28 Sep 2026 4:42 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue 31 Dec 2013 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:29 pm
Posts: 3001
Dáithí Mac Giolla. wrote:
Does Forvo allow you to record entire sentences?


FORVO. wrote:
Forvo is not intended for sentences, but in certain cases they are allowed. For example, short idioms or known titles, such as "The Lord of the Rings" is allowed but "I have two rings" is not.


Yes sentences are against the rules. Exceptions are made for idioms, proverbs, song titles, and the like. Random phrases are not allowed either. Strictly speaking conjugating verbs, lenited and eclipsed words are not permitted either but the Irish editors make exceptions for those in some cases.

NiallBeag wrote:
Talking of sentences and forvo... have you guys ever looked at http://www.tatoeba.org? Multilingual translation by sentence. Quite cool, but limited at present.

I've never heard of that site. I'll have to check it out.


You can add sentences to RHINOSPIKE,
http://rhinospike.com/home/

_________________
___________________________________________________________

It is recommended that you always wait for three to agree on a translation.
I speak Connemara Irish, and my input will often reflect that.
I will do an mp3 file on request for short translations.

___________________________________________________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 01 Jan 2014 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue 15 Nov 2011 7:35 am
Posts: 1098
Barra79,
we can't put our email addresses up here so PMing or posting a link to a permanent host are the only real options

_________________
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.___


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 02 Jan 2014 6:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue 15 Nov 2011 7:35 am
Posts: 1098
What I meant was that if you have ten posts recorded you can then send and receive private posts

_________________
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.___


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08 Jan 2014 2:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:29 pm
Posts: 3001
I see Irish is up with the big boys now in Forvo.
Over 10,000 entries. Pretty good for a minority language.

http://www.forvo.com/languages/


:^+: :^+: :^+:

_________________
___________________________________________________________

It is recommended that you always wait for three to agree on a translation.
I speak Connemara Irish, and my input will often reflect that.
I will do an mp3 file on request for short translations.

___________________________________________________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08 Jan 2014 11:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue 15 Nov 2011 7:35 am
Posts: 1098
Bhu'hú!

_________________
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.___


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08 Jan 2014 7:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat 01 Jun 2013 8:46 pm
Posts: 466
The vast majority by someone call Bríd, who ever she is.

_________________
Bíonn rudaí maithe mall


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08 Jan 2014 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 3444
Location: Cill Dara
Dáithí Mac Giolla. wrote:
The vast majority by someone call Bríd, who ever she is.
Sounds like a bit of a dodgy character to me. :mrgreen:

_________________
Is foghlaimeoir mé. I am a learner. DEFINITELY wait for others to confirm and/or improve.
Beatha teanga í a labhairt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08 Jan 2014 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri 30 Sep 2011 10:08 pm
Posts: 1313
Saoirse wrote:
Dáithí Mac Giolla. wrote:
The vast majority by someone call Bríd, who ever she is.
Sounds like a bit of a dodgy character to me. :mrgreen:

:yes: My sources tell me she could be on this very forum. She could be using literally any username, Dáithí, JayBee, Breandán, Braoin, Bríd, Weefalorieman,...

..even you Saoirse, or should I say Bríd!!

_________________
The dialect I use is Cork Irish.
Ar sgáth a chéile a mhairid na daoine, lag agus láidir, uasal is íseal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08 Jan 2014 8:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat 18 Aug 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 723
Location: Nua Mheicsiceo
An Lon Dubh wrote:
:yes: My sources tell me she could be on this very forum. She could be using literally any username, Dáithí, JayBee, Breandán, Braoin, Bríd, Weefalorieman,...

..even you Saoirse, or should I say Bríd!!
Yup – she is, by far, the most enigmatic person around here!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 08 Jan 2014 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:29 pm
Posts: 3001
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

_________________
___________________________________________________________

It is recommended that you always wait for three to agree on a translation.
I speak Connemara Irish, and my input will often reflect that.
I will do an mp3 file on request for short translations.

___________________________________________________________


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1068 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group