It is currently Wed 30 Sep 2026 5:41 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Off to Ireland!
PostPosted: Mon 19 Aug 2013 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 3444
Location: Cill Dara
Redwolf wrote:
Saoirse wrote:
Hi Redwolf, welcome back to ILF. :wave: Have you had any problems speaking English since your month of emersion? :mrgreen:


Actually, to be honest, yes...I have! It's like my brain is on Gaeilge autopilot!

Redwolf
8-)

_________________
Is foghlaimeoir mé. I am a learner. DEFINITELY wait for others to confirm and/or improve.
Beatha teanga í a labhairt.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Off to Ireland!
PostPosted: Tue 20 Aug 2013 2:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
To make it even more interesting, the other morning at breakfast in the motel, I rather irritably (I'm not a morning person) asked Tony "an bhfaca tú an siúcra?" and, without missing a beat, he pointed in the direction of the coffee machine, where the sugar and cream were stored. Somebody's been using his Rosetta Stone!

Redwolf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Off to Ireland!
PostPosted: Tue 20 Aug 2013 7:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri 02 Sep 2011 11:31 pm
Posts: 249
Location: Navasota, Texas USA
Redwolf:

I am looking forward to your review and perspectives on what you found in your studies. Also, I am curious what you think concerning the general state of the Irish language in Ireland compared with your past trip. Like you, I have gone to Gleann Colm Chille and Gleann Fhinne and I'm curious as to your experience, thoughts and impressions on each. Did you end up staying with the Bonner family? Last week my wife and I were in Derry at the Fleadh and we went over to Gleann Fhinne for a visit and forgot to ask them about you.

Welcome home,
Féabar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Off to Ireland!
PostPosted: Tue 20 Aug 2013 2:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
Féabar wrote:
Redwolf:

I am looking forward to your review and perspectives on what you found in your studies. Also, I am curious what you think concerning the general state of the Irish language in Ireland compared with your past trip. Like you, I have gone to Gleann Colm Chille and Gleann Fhinne and I'm curious as to your experience, thoughts and impressions on each. Did you end up staying with the Bonner family? Last week my wife and I were in Derry at the Fleadh and we went over to Gleann Fhinne for a visit and forgot to ask them about you.

Welcome home,
Féabar


I was with Ciotaí and Peadar Campbell. Great folks! Their little grandkids were in and out of the house all the time, chattering up a blue streak in Irish.

I was actually impressed with the state of Irish in both areas...and, compared to my last visit, in Dublin as well. I'll write more when I'm home, but overall it was a very positive visit (and I learned a lot!).

Redwolf


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1451 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group