It is currently Fri 30 Jul 2021 4:45 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue 06 Jul 2021 6:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed 16 Nov 2016 11:12 pm
Posts: 196
Would this be a good guess for the above?

Tá grá agam duit, agus béidh mé go brách.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 06 Jul 2021 10:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat 03 May 2014 4:01 pm
Posts: 1474
Vitaee wrote:
Would this be a good guess for the above?

Tá grá agam duit, agus béidh mé go brách.


Tá grá agam duit - Love is at-me to-you

so in the future:

Beidh grá agam duit - Love will be at-me to-you

You can't use "" - not you will be but love will.
You have to use agam.

But to shorten the sentence just leave out everything but the verb:

Tá grá agam duit agus beidh go deo.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 07 Jul 2021 8:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed 16 Nov 2016 11:12 pm
Posts: 196
Labhrás wrote:
Vitaee wrote:
Would this be a good guess for the above?

Tá grá agam duit, agus béidh mé go brách.


Tá grá agam duit - Love is at-me to-you

so in the future:

Beidh grá agam duit - Love will be at-me to-you

You can't use "" - not you will be but love will.
You have to use agam.

But to shorten the sentence just leave out everything but the verb:

Tá grá agam duit agus beidh go deo.


OK, I get why I can't say ...beidh mé..., but what would be the difference between
...agus beidh go deo

and

...agus beidh go breá?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 07 Jul 2021 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat 03 May 2014 4:01 pm
Posts: 1474
Vitaee wrote:
Labhrás wrote:
Vitaee wrote:
Would this be a good guess for the above?

Tá grá agam duit, agus béidh mé go brách.


Tá grá agam duit - Love is at-me to-you

so in the future:

Beidh grá agam duit - Love will be at-me to-you

You can't use "" - not you will be but love will.
You have to use agam.

But to shorten the sentence just leave out everything but the verb:

Tá grá agam duit agus beidh go deo.


OK, I get why I can't say ...beidh mé..., but what would be the difference between
...agus beidh go deo

and

...agus beidh go breá?


You mean ... go brách

I don't like last judgments. It is too apocalyptic. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 07 Jul 2021 10:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed 16 Nov 2016 11:12 pm
Posts: 196
Labhrás wrote:
Vitaee wrote:
Labhrás wrote:
Vitaee wrote:
Would this be a good guess for the above?

Tá grá agam duit, agus béidh mé go brách.


Tá grá agam duit - Love is at-me to-you

so in the future:

Beidh grá agam duit - Love will be at-me to-you

You can't use "" - not you will be but love will.
You have to use agam.

But to shorten the sentence just leave out everything but the verb:

Tá grá agam duit agus beidh go deo.


OK, I get why I can't say ...beidh mé..., but what would be the difference between
...agus beidh go deo

and

...agus beidh go breá?


You mean ... go brách

I don't like last judgments. It is too apocalyptic. ;)


Wrong version of brách aside, what's the difference between

...agus beidh go deo

and

...agus beidh go brách?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 08 Jul 2021 9:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat 03 May 2014 4:01 pm
Posts: 1474
Vitaee wrote:
Labhrás wrote:
Vitaee wrote:
Labhrás wrote:
Vitaee wrote:
Would this be a good guess for the above?

Tá grá agam duit, agus béidh mé go brách.


Tá grá agam duit - Love is at-me to-you

so in the future:

Beidh grá agam duit - Love will be at-me to-you

You can't use "" - not you will be but love will.
You have to use agam.

But to shorten the sentence just leave out everything but the verb:

Tá grá agam duit agus beidh go deo.


OK, I get why I can't say ...beidh mé..., but what would be the difference between
...agus beidh go deo

and

...agus beidh go breá?


You mean ... go brách

I don't like last judgments. It is too apocalyptic. ;)


Wrong version of brách aside, what's the difference between

...agus beidh go deo

and

...agus beidh go brách?


I don't know the etymology of deo (MacBain says "breath")
But brách (bráth) means or meant judgement, Last Judgement, though obscured.
I'd think go brách is stronger than go deo, perhaps too strong because of its religious reference.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 43 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group