It is currently Tue 29 Sep 2026 9:55 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue 16 Sep 2014 9:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 3444
Location: Cill Dara
This is well worth a read for anyone who is learning Irish or anyone who is thinking of learning it.

A taste:

'In other words, Irish will give you a more direct line to Ireland than English ever could. This is a particularly attractive proposition if you’re a newcomer to Ireland like I once was. Through Irish, I have been able to bypass the tourist-board clichéd image of Ireland and look at the real thing behind the curtains.'

http://multikulti.wordpress.com/2014/09 ... -language/

_________________
Is foghlaimeoir mé. I am a learner. DEFINITELY wait for others to confirm and/or improve.
Beatha teanga í a labhairt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 16 Sep 2014 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu 01 Sep 2011 9:55 am
Posts: 2114
Location: 91 - France
It's from the man himself - he of the Pota Focal and the Czech Republic (mind you, I think that Czech is far more complicated than Irish is) Dekuji (I say, but as a French speaker I'm chancing my arm there) agus bullaí fir! :good:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 17 Sep 2014 12:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
That was a great read!

Redwolf


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1548 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group