It is currently Tue 29 Sep 2026 8:05 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue 14 Jan 2014 2:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon 23 Dec 2013 6:36 am
Posts: 23
I would like yo know how to say:

"Love yourself" OR

"Love yourself and people will follow"

I would prefer the first one to be translated though. I've provided the second one just to give a better idea of what I'm talking about.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 14 Jan 2014 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
Birish wrote:
I would like yo know how to say:

"Love yourself" OR

"Love yourself and people will follow"

I would prefer the first one to be translated though. I've provided the second one just to give a better idea of what I'm talking about.


Well, as I said in your other thread, the simplest approach to "love yourself" would be:

Tabhair grá duit féin

But I'm not sure how natural that sounds.

Wait for more.

Redwolf


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 14 Jan 2014 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 6:15 pm
Posts: 3594
Location: An Astráil
I've locked this duplicate. The new split thread is here:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2744

As a rule of thumb, please keep all posts related to similar translations in the same thread.

If you have a complete change of direction, please start a separate thread.

However, if things have already gone off on a tangent in a previous thread, please ask for the new subject matter to be split off into a separate thread.

_________________
Múinteoir Gaeilge - Irish Teacher
My "specialty" is Connemara Irish, particularly Cois Fhairrge dialect, but I can also speak Ulster and Munster Irish with native-level pronunciation.
Is fearr Gaeilge ḃriste ná Béarla cliste, cinnte, aċ i ḃfad níos fearr aríst í Gaeilge ḃinn ḃeo na nGaeltaċtaí.
Gaeilge Chonnacht (GC), go háraid Gaeilge Chois Fhairrge (GCF), Gaeilic Uladh (GU), Gaelainn na Mumhan (GM), agus Gaeilge an Chaighdeáin Oifigiúil (CO).


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1708 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group