bmckelvey08 wrote:
Hello,
I was needing some assistance in translating a couple of things for a tattoo that I would like to get. If someone could help, I would greatly appreciate it. Here is what I would like translated:
"May the blessing of Light be on you
light without and light within.
May the blessed sunlight shine on you
And warm your heart till it glows
Like a great peat fire, so that the stranger
may come and warm himself at it
and also a friend
And may the light shine out of the two eyes of you
Like a candle set in the windows of a house
Bidding the wanderer to come in out of the storm."
Also, I wanted to see if someone could translate the following:
"The Fiery One"
Thanks a lot and I look forward to hearing from someone!
Regarding "The Fiery One," it kind of depends on what you mean by it. I assume you're speaking of a person, and not someone who's literally on fire...but what, exactly, do you mean by "fiery"? Angry? Short-tempered? High-spirited? It will make a difference to the translation.
Redwolf