It is currently Tue 29 Sep 2026 9:13 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: TG4...grrr!
PostPosted: Mon 15 Sep 2014 7:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue 28 Jan 2014 1:16 pm
Posts: 19
For me there is a button in the top right of the screen for changing the interface to English.

My main complaint is that it seems the viewing options are either the size of a small business card or full screen. No medium like the size of a YouTube video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TG4...grrr!
PostPosted: Mon 15 Sep 2014 7:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
deltasalmon wrote:
For me there is a button in the top right of the screen for changing the interface to English.

My main complaint is that it seems the viewing options are either the size of a small business card or full screen. No medium like the size of a YouTube video.


Yeah...I poked around it today and found the English interface (which is good, because I plan to point my students toward TG4 tonight!).

I hadn't noticed that about the screen size, as I always go for full-screen, but you're right. For those who prefer a YouTube-style screen, that appears to be no longer an option.

Redwolf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TG4...grrr!
PostPosted: Fri 19 Sep 2014 12:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue 28 Jan 2014 1:16 pm
Posts: 19
Not sure if this belongs in this thread or a separate one but I was also wondering something about TG4. I see they have an android app in the google play store but its not compatible with any of my devices. I tried watching TG4 on my tablet last night but I guess it uses flash or some other technology that's not compatible with android.

Does anyone know of a way to watch TG4 on an android tablet? Another thing that might be preventing me is my location (USA).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TG4...grrr!
PostPosted: Fri 19 Sep 2014 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
deltasalmon wrote:
Not sure if this belongs in this thread or a separate one but I was also wondering something about TG4. I see they have an android app in the google play store but its not compatible with any of my devices. I tried watching TG4 on my tablet last night but I guess it uses flash or some other technology that's not compatible with android.

Does anyone know of a way to watch TG4 on an android tablet? Another thing that might be preventing me is my location (USA).


I've had a similar problem trying to watch in on my Kindle Fire. Sometimes a program will load and start to play, only to stall as soon as I try to go to full-screen. Then I get a message saying the video cannot be played. Once that happens, I can't even get a program to try to load unless I restart the Kindle. I have yet to be able to watch an entire program at full-screen on the tablet, which is kind of a bummer, as the screen resolution is so much better than my laptop's!

Usually the program will play if I keep it on the small screen, but there's not a lot of point in doing that.

I'm not sure what the issue is. As far as I know, TG4 does use Flash...at least they used to (I know because I would occasionally get a prompt to download the newest Flash player). I didn't realize that Flash isn't compatible with Android. I guess YouTube uses something else then, as I have no trouble watching YouTube videos.

I don't think it's a location issue, as TG4 works fine on my laptop -- well, normally it does, anyway, and it seems to be working again now -- and I'm in the U.S.. It also worked fine on my desktop back when I was still using it. I've been assuming it was a compatibility problem with Amazon's "Silk" browser (I have noticed in the past that the TG4 player can be persnickety about browsers) rather than the Android platform, but maybe I'm wrong about that.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1691 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group