It is currently Fri 02 Oct 2026 8:38 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Dia duit....
PostPosted: Thu 14 Nov 2013 3:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun 25 Dec 2011 2:06 am
Posts: 126
Dáithí Mac Giolla. wrote:
I use Anki too on my computer , I find it indispensable as it allows me to test myself.

I use Forvo for sound files, I have also broken all the sound files for the Munster version of teach yourself Irish (free) and other sources in to small one word or one phrase sound files which i then use on ANKI, so every question has some audio i can practice along with, if you or anyone would be interested in getting those files just let me know. As breaking them up yourself will be incredibly time consuming .

I often do two questions, English one side and then the Irish and Audio on the other and then sometimes Irish or just the Irish audio on one side and English on the other. see if I can recognize it. obviously i put those ones on random, or it would be too easy haven just done the word :)


Dáithí,
I have been using Anki on and off and find it quite good. Should use it more often !! Would appreciate having access to those sound files you made.
Go Raibh maith agat
Séamus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dia duit....
PostPosted: Thu 14 Nov 2013 2:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat 01 Jun 2013 8:46 pm
Posts: 466
can you use the pm yet? if so send me your email via that and i can give you a link to a drop box file with all the audio.

_________________
Bíonn rudaí maithe mall


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dia duit....
PostPosted: Thu 14 Nov 2013 5:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed 13 Nov 2013 8:39 am
Posts: 51
Location: Birmingham, England
Dáithí,

No, unfortunately not. I'm not sure how I get to that position.

As soon as I can, I'll seek you out.......

Christine


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dia duit....
PostPosted: Thu 14 Nov 2013 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains, California, USA
maidofkent wrote:
Dáithí,

No, unfortunately not. I'm not sure how I get to that position.

As soon as I can, I'll seek you out.......

Christine


Just keep posting. I can't remember what the post count is that you have to reach before you can use private messaging, but you should be approaching it soon.

Perhaps you can tell us how you happened to become interested in Irish. That'll give you an excuse to boost your post count. :winkgrin:

In the meantime, Daithí, can you post the URL here?

Redwolf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dia duit....
PostPosted: Thu 14 Nov 2013 6:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat 01 Jun 2013 8:46 pm
Posts: 466
i just realised i can post the url , sorry :)
I will post tonight, trying to take out sound files from some of the other books like Gaschaint, which i dont want to hand out as they are recent publications and i dont think the authors would be too pleased.

_________________
Bíonn rudaí maithe mall


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dia duit....
PostPosted: Thu 14 Nov 2013 8:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 3444
Location: Cill Dara
maidofkent wrote:
No, unfortunately not. I'm not sure how I get to that position.
Ten posts will get you there. As Redwolf said, keep chatting and you'll be there in no time!

_________________
Is foghlaimeoir mé. I am a learner. DEFINITELY wait for others to confirm and/or improve.
Beatha teanga í a labhairt.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dia duit....
PostPosted: Thu 14 Nov 2013 9:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat 01 Jun 2013 8:46 pm
Posts: 466
Ok i think I cleaned it all up, The audio should all be there.
The PDF is a bit messy, but you can make your own to track what you have and have not put on to ANki. I added columns for this on my own PDF.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uq7wyph3y74h872/Kx1DDkxyIU

Will someone check and post here if it does or does not open

_________________
Bíonn rudaí maithe mall


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dia duit....
PostPosted: Fri 15 Nov 2013 9:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed 13 Nov 2013 8:39 am
Posts: 51
Location: Birmingham, England
Dáithí,

I have managed to download the files, and already added a few to Anki, thank you.

I'm working on borrowed time, so must dash, and I'll spend time looking through it all this evening. But again, thank you so much, this is all very useful.

Christine


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dia duit....
PostPosted: Fri 15 Nov 2013 10:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu 01 Sep 2011 9:55 am
Posts: 2114
Location: 91 - France
I have two editions of that book - the first edition and the one you have there. I think somebody said somewhere that there were still a few missprints and typos in the 1977 edition, but somewhere on the CorkIrish site they have been fully corrected. Is that right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dia duit....
PostPosted: Sat 16 Nov 2013 5:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 8:29 pm
Posts: 3002
Unfortunately there aren't many people on Forvo doing Munster or Ulster recordings.
Conchúr and Carmanach being the best for Munster I think. But neither seem to be active lately.

http://www.forvo.com/user/Conchur/
http://www.forvo.com/user/Carmanach/

_________________
___________________________________________________________

It is recommended that you always wait for three to agree on a translation.
I speak Connemara Irish, and my input will often reflect that.
I will do an mp3 file on request for short translations.

___________________________________________________________


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1517 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group