PJA102 wrote:
Hi! I'm new to the site. I'm looking to get a tattoo for my wife saying "together we are one" in gaelic. Can someone please help with the correct spelling and translation? Thank You, Patrick
HI Patrick,
It is difficult to get the same sentiment across in Irish... Here's my stab but I am not sure if it makes a whole lot of sense. Translation is not my strong point. Wait for some more input please!
Is araon le cheile sinnBut to probably express the same sentiment in Irish idiom, I would say something like;
Tá do chroí (istigh) ionam literally
your heart/ love is in (within) meIs leatsa mo chroí literally
My heart is yoursCian
_________________
Is Fearr súil romhainn ná ḋá ṡúil inár ndiaiḋ
(Amhlaoibh Ó Súilleabháin)
Please wait for corrections/ more input from other forum members before acting on advice
I'm familiar with Munster Irish/ Gaolainn na Mumhan (GM) and the Official Standard/an Caighdeán Oifigiúil (CO)