It is currently Mon 28 Sep 2026 9:42 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Viral Irish Cup Song
PostPosted: Wed 11 Sep 2013 3:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed 07 Sep 2011 9:40 pm
Posts: 42
Location: Texas
Great thread by the way :D

"a bhíonn" or "a bhíonns" ? Isn't the latter the Connacht way of saying 'a bhíos' ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Viral Irish Cup Song
PostPosted: Thu 12 Sep 2013 9:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 04 Sep 2011 11:02 pm
Posts: 1581
In case anyone wants a translation (though the wording is fairly simple):

I have a ticket for a long trip [road],
two bottles of water for the journey,
and I’d like to have a friend with me.
I’m leaving tomorrow, will you be with me?

Chorus:

When I’m gone,
when I’m gone,
you’ll miss me when I’m not here,
you’ll miss my presence,
you’ll miss me everywhere (on all sides), oh
you’ll miss me when I’m not here.

I have a ticket for a long trip [road],
the great world is waiting for me,
amid the mountains, by the rivers,
a place where there’s fine fresh air,
oh, it would be by far nicer with you , my dear.

Chorus [2x]

When I’m gone,
when I’m gone,
you’ll miss me when I’m not here,
you’ll miss me singing.
you’ll miss me playing, oh
you’ll miss me when I’m not here.

_________________
I'm not a native (or entirely fluent) speaker, so be sure to wait for confirmations/corrections, especially for tattoos.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Viral Irish Cup Song
PostPosted: Fri 20 Sep 2013 1:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed 14 Mar 2012 8:40 pm
Posts: 190
Wow :O This is great! Thanks for the help yet again!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1144 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group