It is currently Tue 21 May 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon 29 Apr 2024 3:36 am 

CanadaIrish wrote:
Btw I love Richard Barrett lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRvpJFNQwX4

:guiness:

Yes, I liked it. Unfortunately, England is connected to the US Deep State, and the lies published in the UK press on this subject every day are simply shocking...

PostPosted: Mon 29 Apr 2024 4:05 am 

Yes and the Irish government is all talk. They should listen to Richard and expel the Ambassador and cut all trade ties with Israel. And take in any Palestinian refugees that request it.

PostPosted: Mon 29 Apr 2024 4:30 am 

CanadaIrish wrote:
Yes and the Irish government is all talk. They should listen to Richard and expel the Ambassador and cut all trade ties with Israel. And take in any Palestinian refugees that request it.

er... no.... there is no popular support in Ireland for constant virtue-signalling over refugees - the country has taken in huge numbers - and a visit to Dublin would shock you. The city is Sleeping Bag Central. In fact, the Irish taoiseach, if he ever pops out for a coffee or a sandwich, steps over the homeless, who are literally lining the streets near the Irish parliament (Dáil Éireann). Sráid an Rí Theas, near parliament, is lined with rough sleepers. You cannot imagine what has happened to Ireland. The Palestinians do have a valid case against Israel - but to argue that Ireland would benefit from tens of thousands of Hamas refugees is insane.

PostPosted: Mon 29 Apr 2024 4:48 am 

They wouldn't be Hamas and even if they were they would do nothing illegal. Their fight is with Israel and Israel alone.
I know you have a bad refugee problem because you are flooded with unvetted refugees. I see it on social media all the time and youtube.
I think if the Palestinian refugees were investigated before coming over it would be fine.
There wouldn't be tens of thousands of them. Most want to stay in Palestine. So there would only be about 100 so that would be easy to check if they were criminals or Hamas. Some families would be fine. If I was still living in Ireland I would bring in a family. I don't agree with the flood of unvetted refugees either. Or massive amounts' of them. They should be sent somewhere else that can afford to take care of them.
Irish people first. Your rents are extortionate. I've been thinking of moving back but can't afford it. :(
I have family in Dingle.

PostPosted: Mon 29 Apr 2024 5:18 am 

CanadaIrish wrote:
They wouldn't be Hamas and even if they were they would do nothing illegal. Their fight is with Israel and Israel alone.
I know you have a bad refugee problem because you are flooded with unvetted refugees. I see it on social media all the time and youtube.
I think if the Palestinian refugees were investigated before coming over it would be fine.
There wouldn't be tens of thousands of them. Most want to stay in Palestine. So there would only be about 100 so that would be easy to check if they were criminals or Hamas. Some families would be fine. If I was still living in Ireland I would bring in a family. I don't agree with the flood of unvetted refugees either. Or massive amounts' of them. They should be sent somewhere else that can afford to take care of them.
Irish people first. Your rents are extortionate. I've been thinking of moving back but can't afford it. :(
I have family in Dingle.

No. Look here. Ireland is a country that is for Irish people. The refugee scam is a form of "plantation" or colonisation. Palestinians have no business being in Europe at all. Do Tibetans welcome Chinese migration to Tibet? Just because Canada is run by woke extremists claiming genuine Canadians (=those of European descent) don't have to be in a majority in Canada, does not give you the right to advocate race replacement in Ireland.

PostPosted: Mon 29 Apr 2024 5:52 am 

I agree. But I only mean as temporary till Palestine is safe.

Last edited by CanadaIrish on Tue 30 Apr 2024 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 29 Apr 2024 6:53 am 

CanadaIrish wrote:
I agree. But I only mean as temporary till Palestine is safe. They are doing the same thing here with immigrants. Its like they want a society thats more obedient because us natural citizens are onto their globalist agenda. Here in Vancouver they are spending loads of money making tunnels for subways under the city and making huge buildings for rich immigrants from Hong Kong and elsewhere. They don't care about the working class or poor who were born here. They also will let you have assisted suicide for any reason. They just had a guy on the news who was going in for suicide because he was poor and sick of being poor. People with autism are going in for assisted suicide as well. They just want to replace the poor and working class. They also do surgery's on kids to make them trans and give them puberty blockers and sterilization. Our countries are getting out of control and we need new governments. Which party in Ireland is going to fix these problems? I'm an Irish citizen so I will vote for someone who fixes it.

Only the National Party of Ireland Páirtí Náisiúnta na hÉireann gives a damn.

PostPosted: Tue 30 Apr 2024 12:51 am 

djwebb2021 wrote:
bhur is pronounced úr in Munster (oohr) - there is no "v".

The host of An Saol ó Dheas seems to consistentently say "Dé bhur mbeatha" at the start of episodes

PostPosted: Tue 30 Apr 2024 4:10 am 

Jamie wrote:
djwebb2021 wrote:
bhur is pronounced úr in Munster (oohr) - there is no "v".

The host of An Saol ó Dheas seems to consistentently say "Dé bhur mbeatha" at the start of episodes

In that case, maybe younger speakers tend to pronounce a large number of words in line with the spelling. Some of these younger native speakers can't understand their own grandparents' Irish... This is precisely why I'm editing this word as "úr" in my editions of Muskerry literature, to forestall new pronunciations and reading pronunciations. The phrase is Dé úr mbeatha if you're trying to speak like Peadar Ua Laoghaire and Amhlaoibh Ó Loingsigh. See p102 of Scéalaíocht Amhlaoibh: "Tá úr ndóthain airgid agamsa le túirt díbh".

PostPosted: Mon 06 May 2024 3:12 pm 

Ade wrote:
But, then again, that's still odd. It's like talking to the physical ground, or the concept of the country, not the people who live there. I suspect that in Irish, if this kind of construction is possible at all, it's probably been a recent inheritance from English. A more natural way to say it in Irish is probably to alter the phrase slightly so as to literally address the people of the country:

Tiocfaidh bhur lá, a mhuintir na Palaistín = your day will come, people of Palestine

Not wishing to be pedantic, but I read before (maybe on this website?) that the phrase 'Tiocfaidh ár lá' is an anglicism and that the more correct phrase would be 'Beidh ár lá linn'. Anyway, I don't think this is important for the purposes of the OP.

--

Btw, the word 'Palaistín' strikes me as being a bit unusual. Words ending in 'ín' are masculine, whereas country names are (always?) feminine, so the word is a sort of a paradox.

Assuming that it is feminine, I would have expected its genitive form to end with a vowel i.e. 'na Palaistíne', instead of 'na Palaistín', which seems unusual.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next