It is currently Wed 22 Sep 2021 5:23 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon 12 Jul 2021 8:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon 12 Jul 2021 7:47 pm
Posts: 3
Hi everyone,

I am after some help in translating to following to Irish:

“And still, we rise”

Context example …… “we lost the battle…..and still, we rise”

Thank you very much
Ollie


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 12 Jul 2021 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat 03 May 2014 4:01 pm
Posts: 1496
olliej27 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am after some help in translating to following to Irish:

“And still, we rise”

Context example …… “we lost the battle…..and still, we rise”

Thank you very much
Ollie


Agus mar sin féin, éirímid
Agus ina dhiaidh sin (is uile), éirímid
Agus dá ainneoin sin, éirímid
Agus dá éis sin, éirímid


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 13 Jul 2021 5:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon 12 Jul 2021 7:47 pm
Posts: 3
Labhrás wrote:
olliej27 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am after some help in translating to following to Irish:

“And still, we rise”

Context example …… “we lost the battle…..and still, we rise”

Thank you very much
Ollie


Agus mar sin féin, éirímid
Agus ina dhiaidh sin (is uile), éirímid
Agus dá ainneoin sin, éirímid
Agus dá éis sin, éirímid



Thank you for the response.

Which one is the most accurate translation? Why are there four?

Thank you!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 13 Jul 2021 11:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat 03 May 2014 4:01 pm
Posts: 1496
olliej27 wrote:
Labhrás wrote:
olliej27 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am after some help in translating to following to Irish:

“And still, we rise”

Context example …… “we lost the battle…..and still, we rise”

Thank you very much
Ollie


Agus mar sin féin, éirímid
Agus ina dhiaidh sin (is uile), éirímid
Agus dá ainneoin sin, éirímid
Agus dá éis sin, éirímid



Thank you for the response.

Which one is the most accurate translation? Why are there four?

Thank you!


There are often more than one way to say something.
Irish has a lot of ways (prob. not just four) to render English "still" in the sense of "nevertheless".
They are all accurate (as far as I can say).


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 65 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group