It is currently Sat 24 Oct 2020 2:42 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed 01 Jul 2020 8:55 pm 

Looking to get a tattoo translated.

You cannot call yourself peaceful, unless you are capable of great violence. If you are not capable of violence, you are not peaceful. You are harmless.

PostPosted: Thu 02 Jul 2020 6:37 pm 

ShaggMagee wrote:
Looking to get a tattoo translated.

You cannot call yourself peaceful, unless you are capable of great violence. If you are not capable of violence, you are not peaceful. You are harmless.

There are various choices in Irish for some of the words, but here's a start. Do wait for comments from others, especially for a tattoo which is so long:

Ní feidir leat duine síochánta a thabhairt ort, mura bhfuil tú in ann dul i mhuinín an an-fhornirt.
Mura bhfuil tú in ann dul i mhuinín an an-fhornirt, ní duine síochánta tú, is duine neamhurchóideach tú.

You cannot call yourself a peaceful person if you are not capable of resorting to great violence.
If you are not capable of resorting to great violence, you are not a peaceful person, you are a harmless person.

PostPosted: Thu 02 Jul 2020 7:55 pm 

Hey, I appreciate it, got to start somewhere.

Anyone else able to give any input? If so, much appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jul 2020 8:12 pm 

Locking this thread, since you posted it again in another thread. This will keep all responses there (my response above here was repeated there by another person)

Rather than posting twice, just move your post up in the queue with another brief response.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]