It is currently Fri 29 Mar 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 726 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 73  Next
PostPosted: Wed 31 Aug 2011 11:04 am 

Dia dhaoibh, tá áthas orm bualadh libh. Breandán atá orm. Is Astrálach mé. Tá mé ag foghlaim na Gaeilge le cúig bliana is fiche anuas agus tá mé i gcónaí ag foghlaim! :darklaugh:

(Hi, nice to meet you all. My name is Brendan. I'm Australian. I have been learning Irish for 25 years and I am still learning! :darklaugh: )

Why Irish? I fell in love with Irish music (Clannad) and then I discovered the language that goes with it. I lived in Tokyo for sixteen years and made five trips to Ireland in all. (At one stage I was teaching Irish to Japanese students at a private language school in Tokyo.) Now I sing songs in Irish and play uilleann pipes here in Oz.

Let us know what sparked _your_ interest in Irish.

Breandán

WARNING: Intermediate speaker - await further opinions, corrections and adjustments before acting on my advice.
My "specialty" is Connemara Irish, particularly Cois Fhairrge dialect.
Is fearr Gaeilge ḃriste ná Béarla cliste, cinnte, aċ i ḃfad níos fearr aríst í Gaeilge ḃinn ḃeo na nGaeltaċtaí.
Gaeilge Chonnacht (GC), go háraid Gaeilge Chois Fhairrge (GCF), agus Gaeilge an Chaighdeáin Oifigiúil (CO).

PostPosted: Fri 02 Sep 2011 11:40 pm 

Tá athas orm a bheith anseo. Bhualaigh mé leis Breandan 2 bhlían ó shin ar an siomh Daltai Na Gaeilge. Spreag Breandan mé nuair a thosaigh mé an Gaeilge a fhoghlaim. Tá mé ag súil le comhra a bheith agam leis na daoine anseo. Tá mé staidéar ar an nGaeilge a dhéanamh 2 bhlían anuas.

I am happy to be here. I met Breandan two years ago on the Daltai Web site. Brendan encouraged me when I began to learn Irish. I am looking forward to having conversation with people here. I began my study of Irish about two years ago.

PostPosted: Sat 03 Sep 2011 12:16 am 

Lovely to see you, Faber, and glad to see you're still keeping up the Irish. You've clearly been working hard at it. It took me ages to get to your level. (Notice I have quite a head start on you. :D )

I hope we can help each other again here.

WARNING: Intermediate speaker - await further opinions, corrections and adjustments before acting on my advice.
Is fearr Gaeilge ḃriste ná Béarla cliste, cinnte, aċ i ḃfad níos fearr aríst í Gaeilge ḃinn ḃeo na nGaeltaċtaí.
Gaeilge Chonnacht (GC), go háraid Gaeilge Chois Fhairrge (GCF), agus Gaeilge an Chaighdeáin Oifigiúil (CO).

PostPosted: Sat 03 Sep 2011 9:19 am 

Haigh a chairde
Is mise Ailéin Ó Clúmháin agus as Doire mé. Thosaigh mé ag foghlaim na Gaeilge thart fá deich mbliana ó shin , roimhe sin cha raibh focal ar bith agam agus mise chóir a bheith daichead bliain d'aois. Beidh níos mó eolais agaibh fúmsa níos moille a chairde. Ádh mór oraibh go léir ach go háirithe ba mhaith mo bhuíochas a dhul do Bhrendáin agus Irish Learners Forum.
AÓC

Hi
My name is Ailéin Ó Clúmháin and im from Derry.I started Learning Gaeilge about 10yrs ago, before that i had not one word of Irish and i was almost 40 at the time. Youse will have more info about me later. Good Luck To You all but especially to Brendán and Irish Learners Forum.
AÓC
:aingeal:

PostPosted: Mon 05 Sep 2011 10:52 am 

Dia dhaoibh a Chairde,

Is mise píllib tá mé i mo chonai i Báile átha cliath. Tá mé ag foghlaim as a Gaelige i rang na Gaelige. Tá mé tríocha dó bliain d'aois.

Hi guys

My name is phillip and i live in dublin. I am learning irish in a irish class and im 32 years old.
I am only a beginer so feel free to corect me it would be much appreciated.

Slán

PostPosted: Mon 05 Sep 2011 11:16 am 

Dia dhuit, a Philib, agus fáilte romhat isteach.

Hi, Philip, and welcome. Feel free to post questions about Irish anywhere on the forum.

Our teachers are just arriving as we've only been up and running a short time, but we are expecting more soon. :D

PostPosted: Mon 05 Sep 2011 1:28 pm 

Breandán wrote:
Dia dhuit, a Philib, agus fáilte romhat isteach.

Hi, Philip, and welcome. Feel free to post questions about Irish anywhere on the forum.

Our teachers are just arriving as we've only been up and running a short time, but we are expecting more soon. :D

Go Raibh maith agat a Breandán.

Post subject: Hey all
PostPosted: Tue 06 Sep 2011 10:52 pm 

Hi there. My name is Owen O'Keefe. I have to be completely honest with you all because I feel this site might not be the best venue for my needs and I don't want to upset anyone :/. My sole purpose in using this website is to confirm the translation of an Irish family motto to Irish Gaelic. That being said, please feel free to stop reading, de-activate my account, or whatever you feel is necessary...I assure you I'll take no offense. I understand the camaraderie often felt with forums like this one and the pride associated with your wonderful talents.

Anyways, glad to be here! :toast:

PostPosted: Tue 06 Sep 2011 11:23 pm 

I'm the same CaoimhínSF from the Irish Gaelic Translators Forum, now shriven of my hard-earned 5,000 + posts, but happy to be here. Still working on my Scottish Gaelic as well, so happy to help with that as needed, and I see we have a special section for that as well.

Post subject: Re: Hey all
PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep 2011 12:11 am 

OOKeefe wrote:
Hi there. My name is Owen O'Keefe. I have to be completely honest with you all because I feel this site might not be the best venue for my needs and I don't want to upset anyone :/. My sole purpose in using this website is to confirm the translation of an Irish family motto to Irish Gaelic. That being said, please feel free to stop reading, de-activate my account, or whatever you feel is necessary...I assure you I'll take no offense. I understand the camaraderie often felt with forums like this one and the pride associated with your wonderful talents.

Anyways, glad to be here! :toast:

No worries! If you'll post your request on the "translations" page, we'll be more than happy to help you.

Redwolf

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 726 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 73  Next