It is currently Fri 19 Apr 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 73  Next
PostPosted: Tue 03 Mar 2020 5:04 pm 

Welcome to the forum Mike.

PostPosted: Sun 12 Apr 2020 4:24 am 

Dia duit!

Is mise Blair. I'm Australian, and have been studying Irish Gaelic for around 4-6 months now. I'm absolutely loving the language! However, the most difficult thing I'm facing is pronunciation. I'm hardly any good at pronouncing things in English :LOL: let alone Irish! I will continue to learn, and really try and achieve my goal of being fluent.

PostPosted: Sun 12 Apr 2020 11:22 pm 

Welcome, Blair! If you look at the Learning Resources section in the main index, you'll see a number of learning tools, including this site where you can hear things pronounced in three dialects: http://www.fuaimeanna.ie/en/

PostPosted: Thu 21 May 2020 10:24 pm 

Dia daoibh! :wave: Is mise Caireann agus tá mé i mo chónaí i Meiriceá i Vermont. Tá mé ag foghlaim Gaeilge le dhá bhliain. Bím ag staidéar mé féin sa bhaile - níl rang ar bith i mo cheantar.

Hello everyone! I'm Karen and I live in the US in Vermont. I've been learning Irish for about two years. I study on my own at home- there are no classes in my area.

I'm happy to join this forum and connect with other Irish speakers and learners. I'm an eager learner, and I welcome corrections at all times.
~Caireann

PostPosted: Fri 22 May 2020 6:22 pm 

Welcome, Caireann. Since you're learning on your own, you may find some of the resources in the Learning Resources section of the forum useful. They include some where you can hear spoken Irish, which can be very helpful if you don't have anyone with whom to converse.

PostPosted: Mon 25 May 2020 3:34 am 

CaoimhínSF wrote:
Welcome, Caireann. Since you're learning on your own, you may find some of the resources in the Learning Resources section of the forum useful. They include some where you can hear spoken Irish, which can be very helpful if you don't have anyone with whom to converse.

Go raibh maith agat, a Chaoimhin! I will definitely take a look there. Tá cúpla leabhar iontach agam - with good audio supplements, including Gaeilge Gan Stró Beginners and Intermediate levels. I also enjoy the Now You're Talking series with the accompanying book. Agus éistim le RnaG go minic! It's always nice to find new resources, so i will check out the list.
:GRMA: ~Caireann

PostPosted: Mon 01 Jun 2020 10:44 pm 

Bail ó Dhia oraibh. Mise Faolán, agus is as Ros Comáin i gConnachtaibh mé. Táim im Fhoghlaimeoir idirmheánach Gaelainne, agus tá Gaelainn Mhúsgraí agam. Deas bualadh libh.

Do fuaireas mo shuim sa Ghaelainn mar gheall ar an dTeastas Sóisearach, chun an fhírinne a reá. Do bhíos ag lorg acmhainní Gaelainne chun cabhrach lem' scrúduithe a dh'fháilt, agus thánag ar fhriothálaí Discord go raibh an ainm "Celtic Languages" air. Thréis sin, do shocraíos leanadh ar aghaidh leis an nGaelainn agus do fuaireas suim mhór inti. Táim ag foghlaim na Gaelainne le blian amháin anois, agus mar a dúirt Breandán, foghlaimím rudaí nua gach aon lá.

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jul 2020 7:03 am 

Dia daoibh! I'm a recent immigrant to Éire from Na Stáit Aontaithe Meiriceá.

I now live in Baile Átha Cliath, and am learning Gaeilge because:

1. I want to, and

2. M'iníon in Junior Infants needs help with her homework and keeps correcting my pronunciation.

I'm currently working through the DCU/FutureLearn courses, using Duolingo daily (mostly for pronunciation), and doing solo study with my own Anki decks.

PostPosted: Fri 02 Oct 2020 3:53 pm 

Dia daoibh go léir, a ríomhphobail Ghaelaigh,

Is mise Ciarán; múinteoir Gaeilge agus foghlaimeoir síoraí. Cuplá bliain caite agam leis an aistriúchán ach ag filleadh anois ar an múinteoireacht. An chloch is mó ar mo phaidrín i láthair na huaire ná feabhas a chur ar mo chuid foghraíochta. Is mar gheall air sin a chláraigh mé leis an suíomh seo, agus mé sa tóir ar áiseanna, comhairle, agus mar sin de. Ag súil go mór le haithne a chur oraibh agus páirt a ghlacadh sa bplé!

Ciarán

PostPosted: Sat 17 Oct 2020 5:24 pm 

Hi, I'm Brian from rural upstate New York State. Been learning Irish through Pimsleur and Duolingo. Enjoying it, but miss feedback. Would love to spend more time in Ireland to lear Irish, but, you know, the times (pandemic) and the expense. Would love to find a native speaker to Zoom with occasionally.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 73  Next