It is currently Mon 16 Jul 2018 1:13 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next
PostPosted: Sat 16 Dec 2017 12:41 am 

Fáilte romhat a mhic lír!

PostPosted: Sat 16 Dec 2017 10:22 pm 

GRMA a chara!

PostPosted: Tue 02 Jan 2018 7:54 pm 

Hi Guys,
I'm a newbie here, your forum was highly recommended!
I've been to Ireland 3 times in the past year, and really enjoy the beautiful Country, the friendly people, and the Irish culture....and of course, the Guinness!
Per my DNA, I'm 30% Irish, so that may explain my fondness for the Country.
I'm just starting my education on the Irish language (through textbook & audio), and look forward to learning anything I can through this forum.
Happy 2018 to everyone!

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jan 2018 11:03 pm 

Hello guys, My name is Sean, I grew up in California and I am currently studying Geology in Argentina. I want to thank you guys for accepting me.

PostPosted: Thu 01 Feb 2018 3:57 pm 

Dia dhaoibh. My name is Reagh, I'm a singer, bodhrán player and artist. I took a semester of Irish about 20 years ago through Conradh na Gaeilge in Manchester, NH. I'm interested in getting my Irish correct for performances and graphic design (and to honor the language, of course).
I have a Vermont-themed brand, Vermont Celtic Co.
"Original Celtic Knotwork designs on T-shirts, Wall Art and Gifts - Celebrating Irish, Scottish and Welsh culture in the Green Mountain State."
I'm also involved in sponsoring and promoting Irish and Celtic events in our little corner of the world.
Grateful that this forum exists. I love that there's a Go raibh maith agat/agaibh smily :GRMA:

PostPosted: Sun 11 Mar 2018 11:16 am 

Hi. I've always been fascinated by the Irish language and culture. I'm here to get some help translating for a comic I'm making. I'm hoping to get the time to learn Irish in the future.
I'm from Norway, and are glad to trade fraces if anyone is interested, it is the only thing I can offer in return for the help.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed 28 Mar 2018 7:30 pm 

Hello.

My name is Bruce. I'm just restarting my beginner-level Irish language learning effort after a 35-year hiatus. I am beginning (again) with the first Buntús Cainte book with CDs. I live in Lane County, Oregon and am hoping to find other Irish language learners in western Oregon.

I truly look forward to reading and learning from the many postings on this forum.

PostPosted: Tue 01 May 2018 4:25 pm 

Hey there I am Crystal and I am here mainly for help with translation hope that is not a problem :)

PostPosted: Wed 02 May 2018 3:57 am 

Dia dhaoibh!

Is mise Mícheál ach bhí aithne ag cuid daoine anseo orm mar "Gaeilgeoir" ar IGTF. 8-) :yes: :wave:
Tá mé go mall chun an choisir ach níos fearr ná riamh! :guiness: :hide:

Ba chóir dom a bheith i mo chodladh anois. :darklaugh:

Tógaigí go bog é! Beidh mé ar ais agus mé ag léamh gach rud ar shíomh seo. :reading: :pages: :prof:

Le meas,

Mícheál

I.S.: Dála an scéil, tá grúpa Ghaeilge agam ar Facebook anseo: https://www.facebook.com/groups/gaeilgeoirisalar/ -Más maith libh bhur nGaeilge labhartha a chleachtadh, bígí linn! :)

PostPosted: Fri 11 May 2018 7:27 am 

Dia diaobh,
Íasón is ainm dom. Is Astrálach mé agus is Eirenach mé (déshaoránacht) . Tá mé i mo chónai in Cairns, Queensland.

I'm a beginner in Irish, my grandfather spoke it and my father tried to teach me as a youngster, but being in an english speaking country the language was too weird and annoying - in the opinion of a 7 year old at that time.

So I realise the mistake after a few years and the onset of grey hair :D

Jason is my english name, which also happens to be a biblical name translated in the irish language to Íasón (Yaw-son) I am grateful my father didn't name me Seáson to the same affect (like Seosamh) !

:GRMA:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next