It is currently Wed 20 Jun 2018 10:23 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New Ogham Transliterator
PostPosted: Sat 27 Apr 2013 2:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri 26 Apr 2013 2:27 pm
Posts: 2
A chairde,

I've made a new Ogham Translation tool, more specifically, an Ogham transliterator (people searching on Google don't seem to know the difference!).

I am using manuscript Ogham so there are notches instead of lines for the vowels. I'm hoping to add an option to display Ogham vertically at some stage.

Hopefully this wll be useful to someone.

Beir bua


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat 27 Apr 2013 2:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 6:15 pm
Posts: 3391
Location: An Astráil
Hi, MaqiBradac and welcome to the forum. I've split your post off into its own thread as the old thread you had posted to has already run its course.

That's a cool tool you've made there. 8-)

_________________

WARNING: Intermediate speaker - await further opinions, corrections and adjustments before acting on my advice.
My "specialty" is Connemara Irish, particularly Cois Fhairrge dialect.
Is fearr Gaeilge ḃriste ná Béarla cliste, cinnte, aċ i ḃfad níos fearr aríst í Gaeilge ḃinn ḃeo na nGaeltaċtaí.
Gaeilge Chonnacht (GC), go háraid Gaeilge Chois Fhairrge (GCF), agus Gaeilge an Chaighdeáin Oifigiúil (CO).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat 27 Apr 2013 3:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri 26 Apr 2013 2:27 pm
Posts: 2
Grmma, a Bhreandáin!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat 27 Apr 2013 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 3426
Location: Cill Dara
MaqiBradac wrote:
A chairde,

I've made a new Ogham Translation tool, more specifically, an Ogham transliterator (people searching on Google don't seem to know the difference!).

I am using manuscript Ogham so there are notches instead of lines for the vowels. I'm hoping to add an option to display Ogham vertically at some stage.

Hopefully this wll be useful to someone.

Beir bua
Every now and then, someone asks for exactly this so I have no doubt that people will find it useful. Maith thú! :clap:

_________________
Is foghlaimeoir mé. I am a learner. DEFINITELY wait for others to confirm and/or improve.
Beatha teanga í a labhairt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat 27 Apr 2013 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 28 Aug 2011 6:15 pm
Posts: 3391
Location: An Astráil
Saoirse wrote:
Every now and then, someone asks for exactly this so I have no doubt that people will find it useful. Maith thú! :clap:

Hopefully they'll also get it checked here with us before inking. :prof:

_________________

WARNING: Intermediate speaker - await further opinions, corrections and adjustments before acting on my advice.
My "specialty" is Connemara Irish, particularly Cois Fhairrge dialect.
Is fearr Gaeilge ḃriste ná Béarla cliste, cinnte, aċ i ḃfad níos fearr aríst í Gaeilge ḃinn ḃeo na nGaeltaċtaí.
Gaeilge Chonnacht (GC), go háraid Gaeilge Chois Fhairrge (GCF), agus Gaeilge an Chaighdeáin Oifigiúil (CO).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 13 Aug 2013 9:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri 09 Mar 2012 6:16 pm
Posts: 1438
Bumb, this should definitely go into the nascanna úsáideacha, if its not already in there ;) .

Cian

_________________
Is Fearr súil romhainn ná ḋá ṡúil inár ndiaiḋ
(Amhlaoibh Ó Súilleabháin)

Please wait for corrections/ more input from other forum members before acting on advice


I'm familiar with Munster Irish/ Gaolainn na Mumhan (GM) and the Official Standard/an Caighdeán Oifigiúil (CO)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 13 Aug 2013 10:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 3426
Location: Cill Dara
An Cionnfhaolach wrote:
Bumb, this should definitely go into the nascanna úsáideacha, if its not already in there ;) .

Cian
Your wish is my command!
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2396

_________________
Is foghlaimeoir mé. I am a learner. DEFINITELY wait for others to confirm and/or improve.
Beatha teanga í a labhairt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 13 Aug 2013 10:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri 09 Mar 2012 6:16 pm
Posts: 1438
Saoirse wrote:
An Cionnfhaolach wrote:
Bumb, this should definitely go into the nascanna úsáideacha, if its not already in there ;) .

Cian
Your wish is my command!
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2396


:LOL: :good:

_________________
Is Fearr súil romhainn ná ḋá ṡúil inár ndiaiḋ
(Amhlaoibh Ó Súilleabháin)

Please wait for corrections/ more input from other forum members before acting on advice


I'm familiar with Munster Irish/ Gaolainn na Mumhan (GM) and the Official Standard/an Caighdeán Oifigiúil (CO)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group