It is currently Wed 01 Apr 2020 5:08 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec 2011 8:27 pm 

Tried to log in today and it says "The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator"

Does that mean theyve banned me?

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec 2011 9:05 pm 

Somhairle Óg wrote:
Tried to log in today and it says "The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator"

Been working fine for me. Perhaps if you try again it'll work.

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec 2011 10:23 pm 

I just logged in for the first times in ages and had no bother. Looks busy over there.

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec 2011 11:15 pm 

Somhairle Óg wrote:

It does say -
User is inactive:
Profile details changed

You changed your email today. Maybe you have a confirmation email waiting for you at your Live.ie address.
If not we will have to contact the tech support as us moderators can't re-activate you. Unless Breandán or Redwolf knows how?

It is recommended that you always wait for three to agree on a translation.
I speak Connemara Irish, and my input will often reflect that.
I will do an mp3 file on request for short translations.

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec 2011 11:30 pm 

No, Bríd, I don't think we can. We don't have admin permissions there. Best look for that e-mail, a Shomhairle.

WARNING: Intermediate speaker - await further opinions, corrections and adjustments before acting on my advice.
My "specialty" is Connemara Irish, particularly Cois Fhairrge dialect.
Is fearr Gaeilge ḃriste ná Béarla cliste, cinnte, aċ i ḃfad níos fearr aríst í Gaeilge ḃinn ḃeo na nGaeltaċtaí.
Gaeilge Chonnacht (GC), go háraid Gaeilge Chois Fhairrge (GCF), agus Gaeilge an Chaighdeáin Oifigiúil (CO).

PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec 2011 10:08 am 

Breandán wrote:
No, Bríd, I don't think we can. We don't have admin permissions there. Best look for that e-mail, a Shomhairle.

Does anybody?

PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec 2011 10:22 am 

Bríd Mhór wrote:
Somhairle Óg wrote:

It does say -
User is inactive:
Profile details changed

You changed your email today. Maybe you have a confirmation email waiting for you at your Live.ie address.
If not we will have to contact the tech support as us moderators can't re-activate you. Unless Breandán or Redwolf knows how?

There we go, I did think about that but didn't get an email, it was hiding in my spam box (best place for IGT.com with its ads now!?)

I actually changed my email with IGT because since it changed hands I've noticed loads of spam (no I don't want to win an iphone 4 or enlarge my penis). It's probably a coincidence, but anyone else getting any spam since?

Thanks, all sorted.

PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec 2011 10:40 am 

Gumbi wrote:
Breandán wrote:

Does anybody?

No. Redwolf was supposed to get super-moderator/semi-admin status but never got anything.

We moderators tried to get regular members exempted from the ads - again promises but no actual changes of any significance.

Somhairle Óg wrote:
... It's probably a coincidence, but anyone else getting any spam since?

Thanks, all sorted.

Glad to hear you got back on. We are all hoping there is no actual malware there (but if there is, we are probably all infected already.)

WARNING: Intermediate speaker - await further opinions, corrections and adjustments before acting on my advice.
Is fearr Gaeilge ḃriste ná Béarla cliste, cinnte, aċ i ḃfad níos fearr aríst í Gaeilge ḃinn ḃeo na nGaeltaċtaí.
Gaeilge Chonnacht (GC), go háraid Gaeilge Chois Fhairrge (GCF), agus Gaeilge an Chaighdeáin Oifigiúil (CO).

PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec 2011 4:44 pm 

Breandán wrote:
Gumbi wrote:
Breandán wrote:

Does anybody?

No. Redwolf was supposed to get super-moderator/semi-admin status but never got anything.

We moderators tried to get regular members exempted from the ads - again promises but no actual changes of any significance.

Somhairle Óg wrote:
... It's probably a coincidence, but anyone else getting any spam since?

Thanks, all sorted.

Glad to hear you got back on. We are all hoping there is no actual malware there (but if there is, we are probably all infected already.)

Bit ridiculous really, having no administrator for the site.

PostPosted: Sat 17 Dec 2011 12:06 am 

Oh, the new owner is administrating it himself, as Eoin did, I guess.

It is just that he isn't interested in making the place friendly so people hang around and learn like Eoin did.

All the new owner wants is the hits on the ads. It doesn't seem to matter to him if people go there once and never come back.